Your workplace wellness journey starts here
Welcome to Wellness Designs!
I would love to take this opportunity to personally welcome you and thank you for choosing Wellness Designs as your partner in workplace wellness.
We are a passionate and innovative team of wellness warriors working with employees, managers, leaders and organisations to make sure you and your workplace are healthy, well and wise!
So you can truly meet your full potential and have the strategies to harness the power of wellness at work, it is our intention to make sure you are educated, supported and inspired to foster a healthy workplace that leads to a reduction in absentee days, increased productivity and a team who give more.
We look forward to helping you. Let’s do this together!
Katrina Walton, Founder/Director, Wellness Designs
ABOUT OUR FOUNDER KATRINA WALTON
The journey into workplace wellness was a personal one for Founder/Director of Wellness Designs, Katrina Walton.
And it came after several years working at the ‘downstream’ end of the health sector very early on in her career, helping rehabilitate people with cardiovascular diseases.
She saw first-hand the effect “work” was having on them.
It stirred up a burning desire in her to help prevent these conditions by nipping the problems at one of its most common sources – the workplace.
A distinguished workplace wellness expert in Australia and on a global level, Katrina has more than 25 years’ experience in helping organisations to bring out the best in their people and their bottom line. She develops results-oriented strategies based on her unique combination of experience both as a strategist and at the coalface as an inhouse Wellness Manager for the likes of Ramsay Health Care, Queensland Rail and adidas (UK).
5 things you may not know about Katrina Walton
1. She is a two-time winner and finalist of the AHRI Award for Best Health and Wellbeing Strategy (2008/2009 and 2011 respectively) and three-time winner of the Australian HR Award for Best Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2006/2007 and 2009).
2. She is a sought after international speaker, trainer and facilitator throughout Australia, Europe and the United Kingdom.
3. She is also a lecturer with the Centre for Environment and Population Health, Griffith University and University of Queensland
4. A regular media contributor, her commentary pieces have been featured in national and global publications such as The Courier Mail, The Australian and Sydney Morning Herald.
5. In her spare time, you’ll find her relaxing in a yoga pose, enjoying a nice glass of Barossa Shiraz or planning her next travel adventure with her family.